As a Consultant Psychotherapist, EMDR Trauma Therapist, ICF-qualified Coach and Clinical Supervisor, I offer online psychotherapy and counselling, coaching and supervision sessions in English and Maltese. I also have a very good understanding of Italian and French so it is possible for you to express yourself in your mother tongue if you prefer.
In my work I adopt an integrative approach, drawing upon different approaches according to what is more relevant to you in that particular moment in time. These approaches include Cognitive-Behavioural (CBT), Psychodynamic, Person-centred, Relational, Gestalt and Body psychotherapy.
I am also a Mindfulness Teacher and have used mindfulness and related activities since the beginning of my training as a psychotherapist. I offer mindfulness sessions and integrate mindfulness-related practice in my work.
One of my main areas of specialisation is working with trauma and other distressing or overwhelming experiences. As a trained Trauma Therapist I use EMDR therapy and other techniques to help reduce the impact of these experiences in a way that they are no longer overwhelming.
Another area of specialisation concerns sex, sexuality and the body. I trained as a Somatic Sex Therapist with the Instituto Cuerpo y Sexualidad in Barcelona and I help clients deal with sexual difficulties or adopt a more positive sexuality through body practices – something that can be combined with psychological therapy. I am the founder of Orange Bodies where I run workshops in embodiment and sexuality.
I also facilitate workshops and training sessions on various subjects related to mental health, wellbeing and sexuality. Because of my experience in mental health services in large organisations, I also offer consultancy work for organisations interested in putting their workers’ wellbeing in the forefront. If you are interested in organising workshops or training for a group or an organisation, or if you are interested in consultancy work in mental health, feel free to get in touch with me.
I work primarily in English and Maltese. I also have a very good understanding of Italian and French so it is possible for you to express yourself in your mother tongue should you prefer.
Main work experiences include:
- Senior Counsellor and Deputy Head of Service at the Counselling & Trauma Service of the London Fire Brigade
- Freelance workshop and training developer and facilitator on various subjects, including sexuality and psychological wellbeing
- Training Supervisor and Tutor on an MA course in Advanced Clinical Practice for Psychotherapists in London
- Freelance consultancy work about psychological trauma
- Counsellor at the Malta College for Arts, Science, and Technology
- Part-time lecturer on Master’s degree programmes in Psychology and in Family Therapy in Malta
- Peer reviewer for The Journal of Homosexuality
- Dissertation examiner for Master’s degree projects at the University of Malta
Qualifications and Education
- M.Sc. Integrative counselling and psychotherapy
- M.A. Professional practice in counselling and psychotherapy (supervision)
- ICF Diploma in Integrative Coaching
- Certificate in Psychology
- Diploma in Philosophy
- B.Ed. (Hons.) Education
- EMDR training
- Cognitive psychological first aid
- Introduction to Somatic Experiencing
- Somatic Sexuality Therapist (ICS) training
- Sexual minority therapy
- Couples counselling and Sex therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
Professional Memberships and Accreditations
I am a member of the following professional bodies:
- Malta Psychotherapy Profession Board (state-registered psychotherapist)
- BACP Member (Accedited)
- EMDRIA Deutschland
- EMDR Europe