I am a highly experienced, English-speaking psychotherapist and supervisor based in Copenhagen, offering face-to-face and online sessions. I work within the integrative approach as I believe that different people require different things at different times in their life. In my integrative work I draw upon different modalities. These include: Cognitive-Behavioural (CBT), Psychodynamic, Person-centred, Relational, Gestalt and Body psychotherapy. I offer sessions in English, Italian, French and Maltese. You can read more about the psychotherapy I offer in the page entitled: Therapy.
I have two main specialisations: trauma and sexuality. As an EMDR therapist I help individuals deal with distressing or traumatic memories. I am also trained as a somatic sex educator. At times I offer the option of combining this with psychotherapy work to help clients better deal with sex, gender and sexuality issues. I am the founder of Orange Bodies where I run workshops and individual sessions in somatic sexuality.
I work in English, Maltese, Italian, or French. I also have a basic understanding of Spanish.
Qualifications and education
- Certificate in Psychology
- Diploma in Philosophy
- B. Ed. (Hons.) Education
- M. Sc. Integrative counselling and psychotherapy
- M. A. Professional practice in counselling and psychotherapy (supervision)
- EMDR training
- Somatic sexuality training
Professional memberships and accreditations
- Dansk Psykoterapeutforening (Danish Psychotherapist Association) (member)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (accredited & registered)
- EMDR UK & Ireland (registered)
- Malta Psychotherapy Profession Board (registered)
Apart from running my own private practice as a psychotherapist, counsellor and clinical supervisor, I also have the following work experience:
- Senior Counsellor at the London Fire Brigade
- Training supervisor and tutor on an MA in advanced clinical practice for psychotherapists
- Counsellor at the Malta College for Arts, Science, and Technology
- Workshop developer and facilitator on various subjects, including wellbeing and sexuality
- Part-time lecturer on Masters courses in Psychology and in Family Therapy