As a psychotherapist, coach, counsellor and supervisor based in Copenhagen, I offer online psychotherapy and counselling, supervision and coaching sessions in English and Maltese. I also have a very good understanding of Italian and French so it is possible for you to express yourself in your mother tongue if you prefer.
In my work I adopt an integrative approach, drawing upon different approaches according to what is more relevant. These include: Cognitive-Behavioural (CBT), Psychodynamic, Person-centred, Relational, Gestalt and Body psychotherapy.
One of my main areas of specialisation is working with trauma and other distressing or overwhelming experiences. As a trained trauma therapist I use EMDR therapy to help reduce the impact of these experiences in a way that they are no longer overwhelming.
Another area of specialisation concerns sex, sexuality and the body. I am a trained somatic sex educator and I help clients deal with sexual difficulties or adopt a more positive sexuality through body practices; something that can be combined with psychotherapy. I am the founder of Orange Bodies where I run workshops in somatic sexuality.
I also facilitate workshops and training sessions on various subjects related to mental health, wellbeing and sexuality. Because of my experience in mental health services in large organisations I also offer consultancy work for organisations interested in putting their workers’ wellbeing in the forefront. If you are interested in organising workshops or training for a group or an organisation, or if you are interested in consultancy work in mental health, please get in touch with me
I work primarily in English and Maltese. I also have a very good understanding of Italian and French so it is possible for you to express yourself in your mother tongue should you prefer.
Main work experiences include:
- Senior Counsellor at the London Fire Brigade
- Training supervisor and tutor on an MA in advanced clinical practice for psychotherapists
- Freelance wellbeing consultancy work
- Counsellor at the Malta College for Arts, Science, and Technology
- Workshop and training developer and facilitator on various subjects, including wellbeing and sexuality
- Part-time lecturer on Masters courses in Psychology and in Family Therapy
I have also worked as a tutor for psychotherapy training courses and have held psychotherapy and counselling management posts in large organisations.
Qualifications and education
- Certificate in Psychology
- Diploma in Philosophy
- B.Ed. (Hons.) Education
- M.Sc. Integrative counselling and psychotherapy
- M.A. Professional practice in counselling and psychotherapy (supervision)
- EMDR training
- Cognitive psychological first aid
- Introduction to Somatic Experiencing
- Somatic sexuality specialist (ICS) training
- Sexual minority therapy
- Couples counselling and Sex therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction