As a psychotherapist and counsellor, supervisor and coach based in Copenhagen, I offer online and face-to-face psychotherapy and counselling, supervision and coaching sessions in English, Italian, French and Maltese. I also have a good understanding of Spanish.
In my work I adopt an integrative approach, drawing upon different approaches according to what is more relevant. These include: Cognitive-Behavioural (CBT), Psychodynamic, Person-centred, Relational, Gestalt and Body psychotherapy.
One of my areas of specialisation is working with trauma and other distressing or overwhelming experiences. As a trained trauma therapist I use EMDR therapy to help reduce the impact of these experiences in a way that they are no longer overwhelming.
Another area of specialisation concerns sex, sexuality and the body. I am a trained somatic sex educator and I help clients deal with sexual difficulties or adopt a more positive sexuality through body practices; something that can be combined with psychotherapy. I am the founder of Orange Bodies where I run workshops in somatic sexuality.
I also facilitate workshops and training sessions on various subjects related to mental health, wellbeing and sexuality. Because of my experience in mental health services in large organisations I also offer consultancy work for organisations interested in putting their workers’ wellbeing in the forefront. If you are interested in organising workshops or training for a group or an organisation, or if you are interested in consultancy work in mental health, please get in touch with me.
I work primarily in English and Maltese. However, having lived in different countries, I am also well versed in Italian and French and have a good understanding of Spanish.
We can have our sessions primarily in Italian or French as long as you can also understand English and be able to use it in some cases, in order to ensure that we are understanding each other well.
Main work experiences include:
- Senior Counsellor at the London Fire Brigade
- Training supervisor and tutor on an MA in advanced clinical practice for psychotherapists
- Freelance wellbeing consultancy work
- Counsellor at the Malta College for Arts, Science, and Technology
- Workshop and training developer and facilitator on various subjects, including wellbeing and sexuality
- Part-time lecturer on Masters courses in Psychology and in Family Therapy
I have also worked as a tutor for psychotherapy training courses and have held psychotherapy and counselling management posts in large organisations.
Qualifications and education
- Certificate in Psychology
- Diploma in Philosophy
- B.Ed. (Hons.) Education
- M.Sc. Integrative counselling and psychotherapy
- M.A. Professional practice in counselling and psychotherapy (supervision)
- EMDR training
- Cognitive psychological first aid
- Introduction to Somatic Experiencing
- Somatic sexuality specialist (ICS) training
- Sexual minority therapy
- Couples counselling and Sex therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Life Coaching
Professional memberships and accreditations
I am a member of the following professional bodies:
- Dansk Psykoterapeutforening (Danish Psychotherapist Association),
- EMDR Danmark
- EMDR Europe
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (accredited member)
- Malta Psychotherapy Profession Board.