As a psychotherapist, supervisor and coach based in Copenhagen, I offer face-to-face and online psychotherapy, supervision and coaching sessions in English, Italian, French and Maltese. I also have a good understanding of Spanish.
In my work I adopt an integrative approach, drawing upon different approaches according to what is more relevant. These include: Cognitive-Behavioural (CBT), Psychodynamic, Person-centred, Relational, Gestalt and Body psychotherapy.
One of my areas of specialisation is working with trauma and other distressing memories and past experiences. Using EMDR therapy the impact of these experiences is reduced in a way that they are no longer overwhelming.
Another area of specialisation is sex and sexuality. I am a trained somatic sex educator and I help clients deal with sexual difficulties or adopt a more positive sexuality through body practices; something that can be combined with psychotherapy. I am the founder of Orange Bodies where I run workshops in somatic sexuality.
I also facilitate workshops and training sessions on various subjects related to mental health, wellbeing and sexuality. Because of my experience in mental health services in large organisations I also offer consultancy work for organisations interested in putting their workers’ wellbeing in the forefront. If you are interested in organising workshops or training for a group or an organisation, or if you are interested in consultancy work in mental health, please get in touch with me.
I work in English, Maltese, Italian, or French. I also have a basic understanding of Spanish.
Qualifications and education
- Certificate in Psychology
- Diploma in Philosophy
- B.Ed. (Hons.) Education
- M.Sc. Integrative counselling and psychotherapy
- M.A. Professional practice in counselling and psychotherapy (supervision)
- EMDR training
- Somatic sexuality training
Professional memberships and accreditations
I am a member of Dansk Psykoterapeutforening (Danish Psychotherapist Association), an accredited and registered member of BACP, a member of EMDR UK & Ireland, and a registered psychotherapist with the Malta Psychotherapy Profession Board.
I have also worked as a tutor for psychotherapy training courses and have held psychotherapy management posts in large organisations.
Main work experiences include:
- Senior Counsellor at the London Fire Brigade
- Training supervisor and tutor on an MA in advanced clinical practice for psychotherapists
- Counsellor at the Malta College for Arts, Science, and Technology
- Workshop and training developer and facilitator on various subjects, including wellbeing and sexuality
- Part-time lecturer on Masters courses in Psychology and in Family Therapy